MTC Panel Discussion: What to Do About Bay Area’s Parking Problem?
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) will host a panel of national parking policy experts to discuss Bay Area parking and pricing issues, with panelists offering their ideas about the most effective approaches for our region.
Donald Shoup, Director, Institute of Transportation Studies, UCLA
Elizabeth Deakin, Director, Univ. of Calif. Transportation Research Center
Meea Kang, Co-founder and President, Domus Development LLC
Todd Litman, Founder, Victoria (B.C.) Transport Policy Institute
Valerie Knepper, Project Manager, MTC Parking Pricing Analysis Project
Topics will include:
● Using pricing to manage demand for street meters and garages
● Reducing minimum parking requirements for new development
● Costs and benefits of parking garages / considering access options
● Cash-benefit options for workers who don’t use employer-paid parking
● Regional parking management/parking fees with return to source