This Week in Livable Streets Events
Muni sliced its overall service frequency by ten percent over the weekend, so if you’re not already riding a bicycle, Bike to Work Day on Thursday might just be the time to start! Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: SFMTA Pedestrian Safety Advisory Committee Meeting. A chance to discuss pedestrian safety issues in San Francisco. 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Local Codes: Mapping and transforming the city’s forgotten public space. Local Code provides tools for citizens to "transform derelict pockets of public space into useful and beautiful places that could contribute significantly to the city’s sustainability goals." 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Board of Supervisors Budget and Finance Committee meeting hearing on the SFMTA budget for fiscal years 2011 and 2012. The Board of Supervisors will consider whether to accept or reject the SFMTA’s budget, which continues Muni service cuts into the next two years. 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Bike To Work Day. Grab your bike, pedal to work and visit one of the many SFBC Energizer Stations across the City, or one of the many events across the Bay Area.
- Friday: SPUR Walking Tour: District 1 walking tour with Supervisor Eric Mar. Join Supervisor Eric Mar for a tour of some of his favorite spots in the Inner Richmond. 3 p.m.
- Saturday: Urban free-wheelin’ fun at the San José VeloVía. Cyclists, pedestrians, joggers, and all other self-powered movers and shakers will have a street to themselves in the heart of Downtown San Jose. 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.