This Week: A More Livable Mission/Valencia Intersection
At two overlapping meetings on Wednesday, the city will show final concepts for greener, more pedestrian-friendly streets at the intersection of Mission and Valencia Streets and on Holloway Avenue. Also this week: Folks For Polk and the SF Bicycle Coalition host brainstorming sessions for advocacy on Polk Street, SPUR talks ride-sharing, and Transportation Camp is back in the bay.
Here are all of this week’s calendar highlights:
- Wednesday: The SF Public Utilities Commission will present final design concepts for two projects to make streets more livable and eco-friendly: A meeting about Holloway Avenue between Ashton and Lee Avenues, which is slated to receive rain gardens, sidewalk bulb-outs, and water-permeable pavement treatments, begins at 5:30 p.m. A meeting on the intersection of Mission and Valencia Streets, where a new mini plaza will be created out of two traffic lanes, begins at 6 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: Ride-sharing has become a popular mode of transportation in major cities across the country. SPUR will host a forum with reps from Lyft and Sidecar to discuss the role of ride-sharing in the changing landscape of urban transportation. 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday: TransForm will showcase its plans for statewide sustainable transportation advocacy over the next four years at TransForm 2018. TransForm Executive Director Stuart Cohen will discuss the agenda over food and drinks, and attendees can mingle and learn how to support the organization’s work. 6 p.m.
- Friday and Sunday: Join Folks for Polk and the SF Bicycle Coalition for two casual brainstorming sessions over food and drinks to discuss how to make Polk Street safer and more livable. Friday at 7 p.m., Sunday 6 p.m.
- Saturday: Transportation Camp, OpenPlans’ “unconference” for urban thinkers to come together and develop technology solutions to improve transportation, returns to the Bay Area at UC Berkeley. 8 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.