This Week: Faster 33-Stanyan, Better Market, Safer Arterials
Most of the action this week is crammed into Wednesday and Thursday, with public meetings about Muni’s proposed changes to the 33-Stanyan, the Better Market Street project, and traffic calming on the city’s dangerous arterial streets.
Here are this week’s highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: Join the SF Planning Department for a walking tour to look at pedestrian safety issues around Mission and Randall Streets and help shape the Mission Street Public Life Plan. 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday: At SPUR’s lunchtime forum on Vision Zero, city officials and street safety advocates will talk about the steps needed to end traffic deaths in San Francisco by 2024. 12:30 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: The SFMTA will hold a Muni Forward community open house in the Mission about changes proposed for the 33-Stanyan, including route re-alignment, streetscape improvements, sidewalk bulb-outs, and transit stop adjustments. 6 p.m.
- More Wednesday: Better Market Street Meeting: The Planning Department will hold a public meeting where you can weigh in on what types of changes planners should study as they begin the process of making over Market Street. 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday: A SPUR lunchtime forum will take a close look at the new Muni map set to hit bus shelters this spring. This is a chance to get a behind-the-scenes account of the mapmaking process from the cartographers themselves. 12:30 p.m.
- Also Thursday: The Board of Supervisors Neighborhood Safety and Services Committee is holding a hearing at City Hall about traffic calming on SF’s arterial streets. This is a chance to let city leaders know which high-speed streets you think pose the greatest danger to people walking and biking. 2 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.