This Week: West Contra Costa Transit, Walk & Roll to School, Market St. Hub
- Tuesday: West Contra Costa Transportation Advisory Committee (WCCTAC) is enlisting everyone who lives, works, or travels in West County to weigh in on a set of proposed “high-capacity” transit options to help relieve regional congestion. West County residents who might benefit from an express bus into Oakland or an extension of the Richmond BART are highly encouraged to pick the workshop that best suits their schedule and make their preferences heard. Tuesday, April 12, 6:30 pm-8:30 City Council Chambers, 13831 San Pablo Ave, San Pablo.
- Tuesday: Walk & Roll to School Hub at Excelsior Playground is a welcome station and starting point for your walk, bike or scooter-roll to school. Meet your neighbors while the kids play: enjoy a hot beverage, healthy snack and some fresh air and exercise. Tuesday, April 12, 7:45-9:00 am. 579 Madrid St., San Francisco.
- Wednesday: Market Street Hub project workshop. The Market Street Hub Project, or The Hub, seeks to study ways to provide more affordable housing, improve transportation and create placemaking opportunities in the area immediately surrounding the intersection of Market Street and Van Ness Avenue and the neighborhood south of Market Street from Valencia Street to 11th Street. This first workshop will focus on land use, urban form and public benefits, and will build on initial ideas and comments we’ve heard from community members and neighborhood groups thus far. Wednesday, April 13, 6:00 pm-8:00. SFMTA, 2nd Floor Atrium, 1 South Van Ness, San Francisco.
- Wednesday: West Contra Costa Transportation Advisory Committee (WCCTAC) transit options study. Wednesday, April 13, City Council Chambers, 6:30 pm-8:30, 2131 Pear St, Pinole.
- Thursday: West Contra Costa Transportation Advisory Committee (WCCTAC) transit options study.Thursday, April 14, 6:30 pm-8:30, 440 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond.
- Saturday and Sunday: Adeline Corridor Planning Process Update public meetings. Complete Streets 101: Placemaking, Mobility, and Parking. Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17: Saturday, April 16, 9:30am-12:30 at the South Berkeley Senior Center, 2939 Ellis St. (at Ashby Ave).
- Saturday and Sunday: The 49th annual Cherry Blossom Festival. April 11 am-6, Post Street between Laguna and Fillmore Streets. The parade will begin Sunday at 1 and follow a route from Polk and McAllister streets, north on Polk Street and west on Post Street to disband between Fillmore and Steiner streets.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.