This Week: Clean Energy, Bicycle Advisory Committee, Woonerven Party
Here are this week’s highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday tonight! The Future of Clean Energy in Cities. Come hear about the energy problems in our cities and how new technology is working to address them. Mon., tonight! Dec. 5, 6 p.m. SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, SF. Free for SPUR members. $10 for non-members.
- Monday tonight! San Francisco Bicycle Advisory Committee. The Committee meets to consider bicycle transportation projects and policies to make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors, the Municipal Transportation Agency, the County Transportation Authority, the San Francisco Police Department, and other City and County of San Francisco agencies. Mon., tonight! Dec. 5, 6:30-7:30 p.m. City Hall room 408, 1 Dr. Carlton B Goodlett Place, SF.
- Wednesday Woonerven/Walk SF Fundraiser-Party. Walk SF’s rockin’ year-end members party and fundraiser. Be part of the fun and help support the only pedestrian advocacy organization in San Francisco. Wed., Dec. 7, 6-8 p.m. SPUR, 654 Mission Street. SF. Basic, Student/Senior Members: $10 advance tickets or $20 at the door, Non-members: $15 advance tickets or $25 at the door.
- Thursday Walk Oakland Bike Oakland Holiday Open House. Check out the group’s new office space in Downtown Oakland. The open house will feature updates on Urban Paths events, ‘Ride Like a Girl,’ other event plans, and fundraising, plus beer, wine and snacks. Thurs., Dec. 8, 6 p.m. Citizen Engagement Laboratory, 1330 Broadway 3rd Floor, Oakland.
- Thursday Folsom-Howard Streetscape Project Open House. This project will focus on updating and upgrading the Folsom-Howard couplet. It will prioritize traffic safety, community livability and enhancing the neighborhood’s existing character. The initiative will also improve transit access and examine traffic circulation modifications. Thurs., Dec. 8, 6 p.m., SoMa Recreation Center, 270 6th Street, SF.
- Saturday Second Folsom-Howard Streetscape Project Open House. A second chance to weigh in on the Folsom-Howard project. Sat., Dec. 10, 12 p.m. SoMa Recreation Center, 270 6th Street, SF.
- Saturday Richmond District Strategy. The SF Planning Department meeting will develop plans for/focus on biking and walking in the Richmond and how plans can be drawn up to better accommodate walking and cycling. Saturday, Dec. 10 from 1:30-3 p.m., Richmond Branch Library, 351 9th Avenue, SF.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.