- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: From heaps of dirt to grassy knolls: A proposal for a temporary park at 399 Fremont. Learn about proposals for a network of temporary parks at 399 Fremont Street, which would provide a "common refuge for people, birds and butterflies using the vocabulary of the construction site." 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: SFMTA Board Meeting. An update on the budget for the next two fiscal years is on the agenda. 2 p.m.
- Thursday: SPUR Walking Tour: Exploring Oakland: Uptown. Over a decade ago, Oakland embarked on a major project to remake the northern edge of its downtown. Hear how this LEED Silver residential project fits into the city's plans for future growth. 12 p.m.
- Saturday: Transportation History Bike Ride. A ride through Golden Gate park, where use of bikes, trains, horses and cars reflect the social history of the city. 12:45 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Sunday Streets: Great Highway. Come play in the streets! Sunday Streets provides car-free recreational space for everyone. 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Ecological History (south) Bike Tour. This trip through San Francisco's lost sand dunes, ponds, creeks and coastline will focus on the city south of downtown and SOMA, traversing the Mission, Mission Bay, Potrero Hill, Bayview, and the southeast coastline, including several new public parks. 12 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.