This week, make your voice heard at the polls and help imagine one of the city's bikeways of the not-so-distant future. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: SPUR holds its annual Silver SPUR Awards Luncheon to recognize individuals who have made some significant contributions to a more livable San Francisco. 11 am.
- Tuesday: Election Day. From the race for governor to Prop G in San Francisco to Prop 23 statewide to the BART Board races, among others, a lot is at stake in this election. Get out and cast your vote for candidates and props that will help create more livable communities. 7am - 8pm.
- Wednesday: SPUR's Lunchtime Forum re-caps the election results and what they mean for San Francisco in a discussion with political analysts Alex Clemens and David Latterman. 12:30 pm.
- Thursday: Representatives from the California High-Speed Rail Authority will be discussing plans for San Jose in a town hall meeting. 6pm.
- Saturday: The SF Bike Coalition holds the second part of its three-route Connecting the City future bikeways tour, this time featuring the Bay to the Beach Route. 10am.
- Saturday: The City of Emeryville invites residents to a public workshop to hear an update on its Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan. Biking and walking tours will be offered during some upcoming weekends. 10 am.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.