This Week: East Bay BRT Hearing and a “Hella Big Bike Party”
This Wednesday, the AC Transit Board of Directors will hold a hearing on approving plans for the East Bay Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project. The SF Planning Commission this Thursday will also hold a hearing on approving CPMC’s development plans at the Cathedral Hill and St. Luke’s sites, and the biggest bike party comes together this Saturday in the East Bay.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday and Saturday: Muni Transit Effectiveness Project (TEP) Workshops. Show your much-needed support for Muni improvements at this week’s TEP workshops, which will focus on the 28-19th Avenue line (Tuesday at 6 p.m.) and the 5-Fulton and 22-Fillmore lines (Saturday at 10 a.m).
- Wednesday: AC Transit Board of Directors Hearing: East Bay BRT . The board will hold a public hearing on votes to approve the East Bay BRT environmental impact report (EIR) and to favor the Downtown Oakland-San Leandro (DOSL) route proposal. The East Bay Bike Coalition is urging its members to speak up in support of adding pedestrian and bicycle improvements on the International-Telegraph corridor. Two hearing sessions will be held: 2:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Thursday: SF Planning Commission Hearing: CPMC. The SF Planning Commission hosts a special hearing on approving California Pacific Medical Center’s plans at Cathedral Hill and St. Luke’s hospitals, which include excessive amounts of car parking expected to inundate the surrounding neighborhoods with traffic. 10 a.m.
- Also Thursday: The SF Bicycle Advisory Committee meets. Hear all the latest updates on the SFMTA’s bicycle projects and provide direct feedback to planners. This month’s agenda includes a staff presentation on how the SFMTA plans to implement bicycle infrastructure not yet approved in federal guidelines. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: SFMTA Engineering Hearing. On the agenda are sidewalk bulb-outs along Balboa Street in the Outer Richmond and around the CPMC Cathedral Hill and St. Luke’s development sites. Also included are bike lanes and bulb-outs on Ortega Street in the Sunset. 10 a.m.
- Saturday: The EB+SF+SJ+LA (HELLA BIG) Bike Party. All three Bay Area bike parties join forces with Los Angeles’ Midnight Ridazz to host the mother of all bike parties. The ride kicks off from Lake Merrit BART “to a few awesome spots around Oakland and Berkeley. This is a great opportunity to get the whole Bay Area bike community together and do what we do best: bike and party.” 7:30 p.m.