This Week: Learn About BART’s Bikes-On-Board Pilot
This week, the SF Board of Supervisors holds a hearing on an appeal of the Transbay Transit Center District Plan, the SFBC talks about BART’s upcoming bikes on board pilot, and the East Bay Bike Party brings the Tour de France home.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: SF Supes Land Use and Economic Development Committee Meeting. On the agenda is another hearing on the California Pacific Medical Center hospital projects. 1 p.m.
- Tuesday: SF Board of Supervisors Meeting. The board will hear an appeal of the Transbay Transit Center District Plan. Also on the agenda are street improvements at the UCSF Mission Bay campus, including a public plaza and bikeway on a portion of Fourth Street [PDF]. 2 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: SF Pedestrian Safety Advisory Committee Meeting. On the agenda are updates on police enforcement efforts, the developing Pedestrian Action Plan, possible street improvements for America’s Cup, and the Prop AA vehicle license fee funding program for street improvements. 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday: SFBC Treehouse Talk: Bikes and BART. Join the SF Bicycle Coalition to talk about BART’s upcoming trial removal of rush hour bans on bikes on Fridays in August. Shirley Johnson, head of the the Bikes ONBoard program, will discuss how you can help make the pilot a success, as well as the history and future of bikes and BART. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: East Bay Bike Party: Tour de France/City of Lights Ride. Get out your most garish racing jersey and federally-approved performance enhancer of choice as the Bike Party takes the Tour de France to the streets of Pleasant Hill and the greater East East Bay. 7:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.