City of Alameda Transportation Commission Meeting (Shoreline Drive Cycle Track)
The Public Works staff invites you to a Transportation Commission meeting to decide on whether to proceed with a proposed bikeway project on Shore Line Drive and Westline Drive. The agenda for this month’s TC meeting is available at: Transportation Commission Agenda. Item 5a is the Shore Line Drive / Westline Drive Proposed Bikeway Project.
Modify striping on Shore Line Drive/Westline Drive to:
• Install a two-way bikeway on the beach side of the street
• Reduce the number of travel lanes
• Revise the parking lane on the beach side of the street
• Provide eight disabled parking spaces along the corridor
• Provide loading zones at the entrances of multi-unit complexes
• Provide left-turn lanes at key locations
• Install up to 10 bicycle racks and two bicycle corrals
• Install two bus shelters and two bus landing islands
• Provide a shuttle bus landing area on Westline Dr south of Shorepoint Ct
• Install up to seven new crosswalks
Send your email of support to Gail Payne, Alameda Transportation Planner, if you can’t attend the Transportation Commission Mtg. Or submit written comments to Gail Payne, Transportation Coordinator, at City Hall West, 950 West Mall Square, Room 110, Alameda, CA 94501 or by email at email@example.com. All written comments will be part of the official public record.
For more information on the recommended project and on the three previous community meetings, please refer to the following web page under “Current Project Documents:” Current Projects.