This Week: Bikes on BART, Second Street, Muni Love
Some crucial projects and board decisions are on the calendar this week, including the new design for Second Street and the BART Board’s vote on removing bike bans. And don’t miss out on your chance to find Muni love at SFTRU’s first dating game fundraising event.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: SPUR holds a forum on the 25-year SF Transportation Plan. Join planners from the SF County Transportation Authority to “explore the tough questions and unveil different scenarios for transportation investments to support the city’s growth.” The event will take place outdoors in Annie Alley. 12:30 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: A meeting to discuss striping configurations to separate bike riders and pedestrians on the newly repaved Marina Boulevard path will be held by D2 Supervisor Mark Farrell and the Department of Public Works. 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: The SF Board of Supervisors Budget and Finance Committee is scheduled to hear an update on the SFMTA budget. 1 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: DPW and Supervisors Katy Tang and Norman Yee hold a community meeting on pedestrian safety improvements on Sloat Boulevard . 6 p.m.
- Thursday: The BART Board of Directors is set to vote on lifting bike blackouts periods during rush hours. Bike advocates are calling on supporters to speak at the hearing or write to the board to urge members to vote in favor of this overdue policy change. 6 p.m.
- Also Thursday: The new design for Second Street, including wider sidewalks and parking-protected bike lanes, will be presented at a DPW community meeting. 6 p.m.
- More Thursday: Swoony for Muni: A Date Auction Fundraiser for the SF Transit Riders Union. “Come out for drinks, dancing, and a chance to win a date with some awesome SF singles. SFTRU will send bidders and their dates on a memorable San Francisco evening filled with food, fun… and Muni, of course!” 7:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.