This Week: Sounds in Our Cities, Bayview Sunday Streets
- Monday: Bicycle Advisory Committee Meeting. The committee meets to talk about projects and policies to make recommendations to the San Francisco County Board of Supervisors, the SFMTA, and other agencies. April 25, 6:30-7:30pm, City Hall, Room 408, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco.
- Monday: Berkeley BeST Transportation Plan Community Meeting. Learn how Berkeley is putting together a transportation plan and give your input on the best priorities. Monday, April 25, 5:00-8:00pm, North Berkeley Senior Center, Hearst and MLK Jr Way, Berkeley.
- Tuesday: San Francisco Bicycle Coalition Board Meeting. The coalition’s all-volunteer board will meet to discuss the latest policy issues. For more information and to read the agenda, go to www.sfbike.org/board. Tuesday April 26, 6:30-8:30pm, SF Bicycle Coalition, 1720 Market, San Francisco.
- Wednesday: San Francisco Bicycle Coalition New Member Meet and Greet. For members who’ve been with the coalition for less than a year, come and meet your fellow bike advocates. Snacks and beverages provided along with indoor bike parking. April 27, 6:00-7:30pm, SF Bicycle Coalition, 1720 Market, San Francisco.
- Wednesday: The Role of Sound in Our Cities. Whether it’s the chirp of a crosswalk signal to the echo of noise from vehicles, sound plays a vital role in wayfinding in urban environments. For the blind and visually impaired, however, sound is essential. Join SPUR for a discussion about the interweaving of blindness, sound and cities from experts. Wednesday, April 27, 6 pm, SPUR Urban Center, 654 Mission Street, San Francisco.
- Wednesday: Gilman Street Interchange Open House. Alameda County Transportation Commission and the City of Berkeley present long-awaited alternatives for fixing the complicated, unsignalized intersection of Gilman Street and I-80, which include an innovative double roundabout design recently approved by Caltrans. Wednesday, April 27, 6:30 pm, North Berkeley Senior Center, Hearst and MLK Jr Way, Berkeley.
- Thursday: Women Bike Happy Hour. Walk Oakland Bike Oakland (WOBO) and Bike East Bay host their second Women Bike Happy Hour. This is an opportunity to drink up with some other bike-riding women, trans and femme folks. “Bring your bikey and bike-curious friends! Bike parking will be plentiful” says the group. Thursday, April 28, 5:30-7:30pm, at Bar Cesar, 4039 Piedmont Avenue, Oakland.
- Sunday: Sunday Streets in the Bayview and Dogpatch Neighborhoods. Sunday Streets creates miles of car-free streets for people to get out and be active. There will be “Activity Hubs” offered by local nonprofits and community groups plus booths and displays from local merchants. For a list of activities, visit: www.SundayStreetsSF.com/Bayview-050116. Sunday May 1, 11-4pm on Third St from 18th to Yosemite Ave.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.