This Week: Walnut Creek Festival, San Jose Brews, Women Bike Coffee Club
Here are this week’s highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Wednesday Walnut Creek First Wednesdays Street Fest. Festivities include live entertainment, arts & crafts, shopping, treats & more. To encourage people to ride to the event, Bike Walnut Creek is sponsoring a free ‘bike valet’ for your wheels. Park your bike securely with the valet attendant as you enjoy the event. Wednesday, July 5, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cypress Street (Between Main Street & Locust Street), Walnut Creek.
- Thursday San Jose’s Budding Breweries. Beer spots can be another force for urban renewal. The market for craft beer continues to grow, and San Jose has become a hotbed for inventive breweries in the Bay Area. Hop on your bike and join a tour (and taste) through some of the city’s most interesting breweries, including Floodcraft Brewing Co. (formerly known as Mission Creek Brewing Co.) and Hapa’s Brewing Company, to learn what it takes to brew beer in Silicon Valley. Thursday, July 6, 5 p.m. Details and location will be sent in advance to all registered participants. San Jose. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday Women Bike SF July Coffee Club. Women Bike SF is a SF Bicycle Coalition program that aims to encourage and inspire more women, trans and female-identified individuals to ride bikes with social events, rides, and workshops. Coffee Club is a place to meet new people, talk bikes, share tips. and caffeinate together. If you’re new to riding or interested but haven’t gotten rolling yet, find riding buddies and answer some of your questions about biking in SF. Friday, July 7, 8-9 a.m., Duboce Park Cafe, 2 Sanchez St., S.F.
- Saturday Sunset Survey Ride. Join the SFBC’s community organizer Julia Raskin on a casual 2.5-mile infrastructure ride of 20th Avenue to learn about and help inform the redesign of the street. This summer the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency will be kicking off outreach to make 20th Avenue better for people walking and biking between Golden Gate Park and the Stern Grove Recreation Area. Saturday, July 8, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Golden Gate Park, Hoover Redwood Grove Picnic Area, 716-808 Martin Luther King Jr Dr., S.F.
- Saturday SFFilm Tour by Bike. Join neighbors from upper NoPa (and beyond) and play tourist by stopping by SF destinations that have been featured in films. From Sutro Baths (Harold & Maude) to the Golden Gate Bridge (Godzilla, Planet of the Apes, and many more), this trip will tour local movie history on a mellow 18-mile ride. The plan is to stop for pictures and visit a local cafe along the way. Saturday, July 8, 1:30-5:30 p.m., Mission Dolores, 3321 16th St., S.F.
Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.